HYDROSEEDING CAN GROW GRASS MOST ANYWHERE
ADVANTAGES OF HYDROSEEDING OVER DRY SEEDING
- Hydroseeded lawns come up faster. The contact of the seed with water will trigger the germination cycle. We often hear of grass up in 3 to 5 days.
- Hydroseeding has an attractive green appearance that looks far better than lawns dry seeded and covered with straw mulch.
- Unlike straw that is often used as a protective cover for a newly seeded area, hydroseeding mulch has NO weed seed. Straw is loaded with weed seed.
- Hydroseeding allows the custom tailoring of the proper seed for your job. It is not uncommon to use two or even three seeds custom spraying the right seed for different areas on the lawn or job. Many custom hydroseeding contractors will use one seed for shady areas, one for high traffic areas, one to make the front lawn a showpiece.
- Hydro Seeding mulch adds to the humus content of a lawn as it decomposes. The bacterial action of straw will leach nitrogen from the soil as it decomposes.